Friday, October 13, 2006

The Knights Templar and Friday the 13th

Well, I'm sure there must be about 50 million blog posts out there today with "Friday the 13th" as the title. This blog really has nothing to do with Friday the 13th, I just didn't know what else to title it.

This is the 699th anniversary of the mass round-up of Knights Templar by Phillip IV. On Friday, October 13, 1307, Phillip, who wanted the Templar's wealth, began rounding up Templars by the thousands, accusing them of heresey and eventually executing them. This was the beginning of the end for the Knights Templar.

I feel a lot better and more positive today than I did on Wednesday. Sheesh, what a terrible blog post that was. I hate it when I get into those black moods.

I have a test every night next week. So I've got a lot of studying to do this weekend.

Shalom.

No comments: