Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mini-Series Coming Soon

Just a quick update to let all my thousands of readers (ha) know that I haven't forgotten you. I know you are out there, just waiting for my words of wisdom, and I assure you that I will not let you down.

Seriously though, I've been working on a "historical account" that has taken me much longer than originally planned.

I started it early last week, expecting it to take me a couple of nights' work, like most of my essays. But I quickly discovered that it was going to be much longer and more in depth that I had thought, and now it has expanded into what is essentially a short novella. (A novella is officially describe as being between 17,500 words and 40,000 words. The first draft of my current project is about 20,000 words. "Novella" typically describes fiction; my current project is non-fiction, of course.)

So anyway, it's long and detailed, which means I am going to make it into a sort of "mini-series." It'll definitely be the longest single account that I've ever posted on my blog, but I hope by breaking it up it'll make it easier to read and more likely that people will actually read it.

In order to build the suspense and excitement for all my thousands of readers (ha), I'm going to refrain from saying what it is about, other than to mention that it has nothing to do with religion or theology, and it centers on a major historical event of the 19th century, and includes all sorts of action and adventure and blood and guts and death. And no, it has nothing to do with the Civil War.

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I for one am glad you are writing about something other than theology. I love history--but only if it's happened in the last 500 years or so. :) And preferably British or American. :) Someday you really are going to have to indulge me and write about your boring day to day life like the rest of us plebian bloggers. :)