Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Conversation on the Japan Tragedy

The following is a fairly close recounting of a conversation I overheard today while in the waiting room at the doctor's office.  The two people having this conversation were pharmaceutical reps in suits and ties.

Man 1: So was it an earthquake and then tsunami, or did the tsunami happen first?

Man 2: I thought the earthquake was first.

Man 1: No, I'm pretty sure the tsunami hit, and then the earthquake happened after that.

Man 2: Well, what caused the tsunami then?

Man 1: Hmm.  I don't know.

Brief pause.

Man 1: All I know is that as soon as I heard about it, I thought: "Man, what did YOU do to piss off God."

haha aha haha chuckle chuckle hmmph hmmph hardy har har

Man 2: I couldn't help but think of a Godzilla movie.  You know...everybody running around saying "aaaghh!"

hahaha  haha chuckle chuckle hardy har har tee hee hee

No comments: