Saturday, November 26, 2011

Notes from the Cave

I really wanted to blog about something worthwhile tonight, but I just didn't have it in me.  I've got some plans for a fascinating story about a 1972 plane crash in the Andes that I recently saw a documentary about, but tonight just isn't the night.

Black Friday was, for me, just another day at work, and a quite nice one at that.  I spent much of the day playing crossword puzzles.  Even though the day after Thanksgiving is not a holiday at my hospital, the workload was like you would expect on a holiday, meaning virtually nothing.  Even the ER wasn't that busy.

You might notice a new interactive Amazon.com frame below this blog post.  You can now shop Amazon right here on Serene Musings, without even leaving my website.  Pretty fancy, eh?  

So what's up with this Ndamukong Suh jackass who plays for the Detroit Lions?  In case you didn't see or hear about it, he was tackling a Packers player during Thursday's game, and got mad and shoved the guy's head into the ground several times, before standing up and stomping on his back with his foot.  Naturally, he was thrown out of the game.  How can the NFL allow something like this to happen?  If he is not suspended for the remainder of the season, and fined about $250,000, something is definitely wrong.

Of course, I hate football anyway. 

I learned tonight that my sister-in-law has bought me a ticket, along with my brother-in-law, to watch UK take on UNC on December 3rd at Rupp Arena.  This game is going to be a big one, as the teams are currently ranked #2 and #1 respectively, and will likely still be ranked that way when the game is played.  The game is already being hyped as one of the biggest games of the year in college basketball, and possibly a preview of an NCAA championship game.  I am uber-excited about it, particularly since I have never seen a basketball game at Rupp Arena.  Yes, I realize that this is blasphemy for a lifelong UK fan, but what can I say?  Tickets are hard to come by, and I am not keen enough on seeing it in person to shell out the cash it typically requires to attend one of their games.  I also tend to shy away from large crowds when possible.  But in any case, I am really excited about seeing my first UK game, especially since it's such a big one.  Maybe I'll manage to get on TV :) 

Third shift this weekend, so more than likely, I will see you on the flip side next week.  

Peace, we outta here.  

No comments: