Monday, June 24, 2013

Notes from the Cave



I've started a new blog on Tumblr.  This new blog won't replace Serene Musings, because Tumblr really isn't a true alternative to Blogger.  For those not familiar with Tumblr, it's a bit like a cross between Twitter and a blog.  You follow people and they follow you, you have a news feed, and you can "re-blog" people (similar to retweeting), but you aren't limited to 140 characters.  Instead, you are making true blog posts, uploading pictures and videos, etc.  It's also highly usable in mobile format, and, in fact, has its own mobile app.

So, if you're interested, my Tumblr address is scottchristmas.tumblr.com.  What you find there will be, for the most part, different from what you read here, but don't be upset if occasionally I post the same thing to both sites.  The name of my Tumblr blog is Notes from the Cave.  That's right, I'm pretty limited when it comes to thinking of titles :)

I was 214.8 at my last weigh-in.  That's my lowest yet.  My parents were in town this weekend and I ate out four meals in a row.  To "recover" from that, I ate nothing but fruits and veggies yesterday.  It was significantly harder than I thought it would be, and I found myself more or less thinking about food all afternoon and evening.  But I managed to make it through, and the only "cheating" I did was a few handfuls of trail mix, which hardly counts as "cheating," especially since half of what's in it is dried fruit.

My last vacation of the year will be next week.  I'm seeing Rush here in Cincinnati on July 2, then plan on watching the new Lone Ranger movie on July 3.  We are also going to the lake for a few days.  Hopefully I'll be more relaxed on this trip than I was the last time we went.

Speaking of the Lone Ranger, I recently discovered a new Lego Lone Ranger line, obviously linked with the movie.  This is a dream come true for the 10-year-old in me.  When I was a kid, I went through a period where I was utterly obsessed with the Lone Ranger.  I guess I got out of it by the time I was 9 or 10, but certainly up until at least the age of 8 or so, I had a major Lone Ranger fetish.  I also had a major Lego fetish, which continued all the way up through high school (I SHOULD be embarrassed to admit that, but I'm not), and so to find a fusion of the Lone Ranger and Legos is the fulfillment of a lifelong ambition.

As a result (and I should ALSO be embarrassed to admit this, but I'm not), I have just made an Amazon purchase of a couple of Lego Lone Ranger sets.  :)



My plan is to get the whole series and put it on display in my man cave.  Yes, you read that right.  Legos in my man cave.

No comments: